The Junior ISA is an easy way to grow a cash sum that will be really appreciated when the child turns 18.
With an initial investment from as little as a £10, you can invest up to £4,368 in a Junior ISA every year.
You can make regular payments, or even one-off payments - for example when they get birthday or Christmas money.
Our Junior ISA is truly flexible with no minimum term and you can change or pause payments whenever you need to.
Unlike cash Junior ISAs the value of stocks and shares Junior ISAs can fall as well as rise. However our Healthy Investment Junior ISA comes with important capital and bonus guarantees to ensure your children receive back the initial investment plus all the bonuses that have been added to their Junior ISA, providing it is withdrawn on one of the key anniversary dates.
If the Junior ISA is withdrawn on other than the guaranteed anniversary dates and if the value of investments has fallen to the extent that we are not able to smooth out these market fluctuations the value may be less than has been invested.
If you are not sure that this Junior ISA is suitable for you then you should consider independent advice. Tax rules can change in the future.
Is this Junior ISA right for my children?
- You can open our Junior ISA with as little as £10 and invest up to £4,368 in the current tax year.
- Your money will be invested in an Ethical With-profits Fund containing a mix of assets including stocks and shares, company and government bonds, commercial property and bank deposits.
- Our With-profits Fund is managed cautiously, has some risk but the potential for higher returns than a cash Junior ISA.
- As an ethical provider of savings and investments, your money will only be invested in companies that can demonstrate responsible business practices and will never be invested in the alcohol, arms and tobacco industries and gambling and pornography providers.
- Junior ISAs with other providers and Child Trust Funds can be transferred into our Junior ISA. We take care of all the details and contact your existing provider to make all the arrangements.
- Our Junior ISA contains valuable capital and growth guarantees on key anniversary dates to guarantee a tax free payout when your child reaches 18 (provided monies have been invested for a minimum of 5 years).
- A Junior ISA can only be opened by a parent or guardian, but once open anyone can invest in it.
Then the Healthy Investment Ethical Stocks and Shares Junior ISA could be for you.
Over 185 years of experience
Healthy Investment is a mutual friendly society formed in 1835. It looks after the money of over 100,000 members and has no shareholders to benefit in any way from your investment. All of our Junior ISA investors' money is invested in our With-profits Fund and members share in all of the profits of the Society. They receive their share in the form of annual bonuses, added to their investment, reflecting the performance of investments in the Fund.
An Ethical Investment
If you invest in our Ethical Junior ISA we promise never to invest your money in alcohol, arms and tobacco industries and gambling and pornography providers. It’s not just our investments which are ethical, in the office we only use fairly traded refreshments and we pursue ethical purchasing, HR and environmental policies.
Our Ethical With-profits Fund
When you invest in a Healthy Investment Junior ISA you invest in a single fund which includes stocks and shares, fixed interest bonds, commercial property and cash deposits, all of which are expertly managed to maximise the potential for growth whilst adopting a cautious approach.