The Healthy Investment Junior ISA invests in the Healthy Investment With-profits Fund, which means that whilst the risk of the Junior ISA being affected by sudden falls in share prices is less than some Junior ISAs, the value of the Junior ISA can fall as well as rise. However our Healthy Investment Junior ISA comes with important capital and growth guarantees to ensure your children receive back the initial investment plus all the bonuses that have been added to their Junior ISA, providing it is withdrawn on one of the key anniversary dates.
If the Junior ISA is withdrawn on any date other than the guaranteed anniversary dates and if the value of investments has fallen to the extent that we are not able to smooth out these market fluctuations then the value may be less than your initial investment.
If you are not sure that this Junior ISA is suitable for you then you should consider independent advice. Tax and Junior ISA rules can change in the future.
Is a transfer to a Junior ISA right for my Child Trust Fund?
- If your child was born in the UK between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011 they will have been issued with a CTF voucher that has been invested in a financial services company.
- Healthy Investment is just one of those companies trusted by the government to manage Child Trust Funds.
- The government has now closed the CTF scheme but you can contribute money to an existing CTF or transfer the funds to a Junior ISA.
- Many people make additional contributions to their child’s CTF whilst some left the initial investment to grow in value.
- You cannot have both a Child Trust Fund and a Junior ISA, but you can transfer an existing Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA.
- In a Healthy Investment Junior ISA your money will be invested in an Ethical With-profits Fund containing a mix of assets including stocks and shares, company and government bonds, commercial property and bank deposits.
- Our With-profits Fund is managed cautiously, it has some risk but the potential for higher returns than a cash ISA.
- We take care of the transfer and contact your existing provider to make the arrangements, even if you do not know the name of your existing CTF provider.
- You can continue to add up to £4,368 to a Junior ISA in the current tax year.
- Our Junior ISA contains valuable capital and growth guarantees on key anniversary dates to guarantee a tax free payout when you child reaches 18.
If you believe a Healthy Investment Junior ISA could be for you, then transfer your Child Trust Fund online today.
Over 185 years of experience
Healthy Investment is a mutual friendly society formed in 1835. It looks after the money of over 100,000 members and has no shareholders to benefit in any way from your investment. All of our ISA investors' money is invested in our With-profits Fund and members share in all of the profits of the Society. They receive their share in the form of annual bonuses, added to their investment, reflecting the performance of investments in the Fund.
Our Ethical Stocks & Shares Junior ISA
Balances in Child Trust Funds may be growing to significant levels, so it is time to look at alternative ways to improve returns or minimise risk. Our Ethical Stocks and Shares Junior ISA gives you this opportunity over the medium to long term by investing in a single fund containing a mix of stock market investments, government and corporate bonds, property and cash deposits, all of which are expertly managed to maximise the potential for growth whilst adopting a cautious approach.
Our Junior ISA is truly flexible with no minimum term allowing you to change or freeze payments whenever you need to